Taylor Swift On How Bullies Inspired Her

Taylor Swift in Daily Mail. On her career: ‘This was all I wanted in life. There wasn’t going to be a back-up plan.' On writing: 'Sometimes in situations where life is happening to me, I’m looking for the metaphor and I’m wondering how to express my feelings in a chorus..
For me, writing songs is a way of justifying things that happen in my life and making it seem as if they happened for a reason, if only to teach me something. If I can write a song then it almost becomes this golden-framed memory. It not only helps me understand why we feel pain, it makes me celebrate it afterwards.'
Single? ‘Yes. I’m not a mopy single girl. I wake up in the morning & think, 'What do I need to do today?' and at no point do I think, 'I need to find a boyfriend.'’ Taylor admitted she wouldn't be so driven if she hadn’t felt the need to scream ‘I’ll show you all!’ at girls who decided to reject her in high school.
‘There are two ways you can go with it. You can let it destroy you.. or you can use it as fuel to drive you: to dream bigger, work harder. I wasn’t invited to parties and I look back now and I’m so thankful that I was at home, playing the guitar until my fingers bled.’ What about girls involved with ditching her at the mall?
‘I don’t think they even remember what happened. And when I see them sitting in line at my meet-and-greets wearing my T-shirts, I’m not going to walk up to them and say, 'How could you do that?' Because look at how life has gone. They were there for a reason, and I’m happy about it.’